Why do childrens birthdays require so much work?! Today I (think) I finished the shopping in prep for big kittens 10th birthday celebrations. She gets three days worth of it - yes THREE! Tomorrow there are four friends coming straight from school until 7.30pm, I have pizzas and stuff at the ready, but bugger, I just remembered, I forgot flippin' popcorn! Dreading the noise and mess but looking forward to serving them all their food and alcohol free wine cocktails, dressed as an Italian waiter, moustache et al, at kittens request. I am too soft... Also at mademoiselles request I am baking, not buying a cake - tomorrow is going to be a busy day, and to top it off I still have to wrap the presents etc. yet. Small problem. I have put them in a 'safe place'.
Have any of you ever had an older female relative, Mum, Nan, Aunty, who perpetually puts things in 'a safe place'. Usually there is a drawer or shelf, full of old keys, pieces of paper, old crumpled receipts, elements of broken jewellery, buttons, bobbles, pins, shoe laces, etc. etc. etc. In this mystical jumbled world of lost hope and forgotten dreams you are expected to rummage in order to find the one thing you need the absolute most at any given minute. I have a cupboard. If something goes in this 'safe place' it is invariably, almost certainly lost. I briefly lost my mans Valentines card as I'd put it in a 'safe place' and have now forgotten the 'safe place' where I stashed my big kittens and my mothers birthday presents. Oh dear. However I am confident they will be recovered on time. A rummage around the cupboards/drawers/storage boxes of my tiny terraced house will undoubtedly unearth these things, and hopefully other surprises.
Returning to kittens birthday celebrations, part two involves her BIG SURPRISE on Wednesday night, and part three evolves at Daddys this weekend, so more about them later. For now, I'm off to a safe place to look for hidden gifts and maybe a surprise or two...
No comments:
Post a Comment