Monday, 7 February 2011

Day one - chewy on my slipper...

After a busy day of writing up this blog, snoozing, 'resting' some more, and watching some Australian soaps (which I'm addicted to) it was time for the return of the kittens from school. Big kitten came in to find me prone on the couch, promptly reprimanding me, "Mam, the doctor says you shouldn't nap every day. You napped yesterday" - (Sorrrrrry I say to myself petulantly) - I get my arse up and feel like, actually, I have a bit of energy. So I scrubbed the bathroom top to bottom and knackered myself out, well done Kat! Hmm, what to do next? Cook mountains of omelettes for the kittens and Grandma and clean the kitchen. Tiring myself out even more. (Gota love ME. I used to be able to do all this after a full day of college, followed by a shopping trip, and feel ok if a little worn out). My bloke thinks I'm a masterchef supremo 'cos I put mixed dried herbs in my omelettes - but then he's amazed by frozen pies, mash and gravy.
 Next was time for Hollyoaks. Now, is it just me or are there some fairly unattractive actors on their who are meant to be, like, super hotties?! Brendan for example. That 'tache, it just makes him look like a peodo salesman trapped in a time warp, and Mitzeee who looks like a chipmunk and yet apparently graces the covers of Hollyoaks finest lad mags. Duno about you but I never sat and drooled over anything that looked remotely like either one of them...
After a little bit of this insight into Middle England life, (in which gay club owners scare young girls to miscarry and 18 year old boys seduce their WAG bosses) it was time for milk and cookies. I am so American Mom sometimes! Then, dum dum duuum, bath time. Aaaaah, the time of day when my kittens destroy, soak and cover with bubbles my freshly scrubbed bathroom. Whilst they scream and splash and soak and lather and rinse I put clean clothes away, put wet clothes on radiators, put dirty clothes in the wash, empty bins, take bin bags out for the bin man, all the while dreaming of owning a scarlett lace 50's style Erdem dress and being able to have nails that don't look like a rat gnawed them...
My mother disappears off to Zumba (sad when your 52 year old mother leads a more exciting life than you), I read Peter Pan to my littlest kitten, tuck her up and sneak out for a fag while big kitten watches the soaps. Looking down I notice a huge lump of chewing gum or similar monstrosity on my brand new slippers. Grrr.
Now, I look forward to a phone call from my dude, taking my meds like a good girl, a bit of a read and then bed. Almost certainly immediately after my eldest. Tomorrow is a big day. Tomorrow I get my hair cut and coloured for the first time in too long, tomorrow I MAY not sleep the majority of the day, and tomorrow I get an extra (unusual on a week night) evening with my dude. Sigh.

1 comment:

  1. And with that, I look forward to tomorrow's installment! :)

    ReplyDelete