Tuesday, 15 February 2011

"My dads girlfriend is a slag"...

Young girls aren't what they used to be are they? Had big kittens friends over this evening for tea, prior to her 'Big Birthday Surprise' tomorrow night. Wow, that was an experience. In many ways similar to the 10 year olds of my youth, they chattered, laughed, shrieked, talked about boys, did their hair and make up, watched a film, ate food, trashed the place, built a den, threw cushions and blankets over the floor to roll around upon and generally acted like little girls will. The big difference was the addition of mobile phones (leading to prank calls which my mother and I put a sharp stop to), Nintendo DS's, hair straighteners, talk of slags, parents and step parents, finances, and social services (!) all of which, if I'm honest, was a bit much for me and left me a bit shocked and bewildered. Seriously, I'm not that bloody old, but, wait for it, kids were different when I was young! I was happy with roller skates, pig tails and giggling about boys, (ok, maybe I still am), but this was a very different scene. One of them asked me to use my credit card to top up her phone!!! To be fair, all were well behaved and a lovely, if knackering, afternoon was had. The home made cake went down fairly well, pizza was munched, presents opened and immediately put to use, my Italian Waiter routine - including comedy drawn on moustache and incomprehensible accent - caused amusement, and a tiny bit of condescending derision. It was interesting to meet the school friends properly and see how they interact, and reassuring to find that they're all well behaved, nice, polite little things, and little kitten was included in the fun till the last hour when dance routines were practised in the bedroom. This was the noisiest part of it all actually, I think a small herd of baby elephants snuck into my house and decided to smash in my ceiling, but never mind.

Now, the house is pretty much restored, the kittens are bathed and tucked up, and the presents have been rescued from their safe place, wrapped and set out for the morning, and I am watching tv while finishing off the party nibbles. Au revoir, I hear the party rings calling...

No comments:

Post a Comment