I still feel rotten today, but am determined to make a positive entry! I'm having a much needed day of rest - funny that, I remember when a day drinking tea with friends and playing with the kids was a day of rest - so I'm sitting on my sofa, wrapped in our 'snuggle blanket' (a delightful pink fluffy creation lovingly donated by a rather fabulous minx) watching DVDs with my littlest kitten. Big kitten is massively unimpressed that we get a day off while she had to trudge ALL THE WAY OVER THE ROAD to school for a hard day of SAT tests, poor thing. I do feel sorry for her, she struggles with school, especially as I moved her to her current school a year or so ago as the previous place was ABOMINABLE (don't even ask...) and although she's settled in and has friends, she misses her old mates and hates that she struggles so much, when in fact she's improved hugely since starting there. I think she feels she's letting everyone down by not being the cleverest or smartest academically. I started the morning (after yelling at her to stop sulking and get a move on!) by having a good long chat with her about how I don't give a flying monkey what grades she gets, as long as she always tries her best, and I'll always be proud of her if she can honestly say she's proud of herself for doing everything she can. Also, let's be honest, in 10 years time primary school will mean nothing! But I didn't tell her that!
This started me off for the day quite nicely, I feel as if I've done a good job. Even if I can't run and jump about with the kittens today like I can some days, I think she went to school feeling more confident.
My youngest is currently sat snuggled up to me, convinced I am sending a message, as this is all she thinks computers can do. We're watching a film, and eating the box of Milk Tray that my lovely boyf brought me back from Lahndan Tahn yesterday. I do love him. He cleaned my kitchen this morning, and bejesus it needed it! I cooked a chicken and chick pea curry last night and was so weak I could barely lift my fabulous orange, stupidly heavy, Le Creuset pans, so there were spillages aplenty - woops! I need to make him a simply mindblowing valentines card now... but that can wait till I can move further than the couch without dragging my feet like a granny on prozac... which I am, but hey, I usually deal with it better.
Untill fairly recently I was quite an active sort of person, walking miles every day for school runs, college, shopping, trips to the park, etc, but now a walk from the bus stop feels too much. Can't wait till I feel better, 'cos the way this sun is shining I just know I'll be out practising on my roller skates again soon!
Have decided that very soon I'm going to paint a great big fuschia on the kittens bedroom wall, so need tester pots of lots of lovely bright colours, and will possibly ask big kitten to help. She's so creative and sparky, it makes my face light up some of the things she comes up with. She's recently built a tent creation above her bunk bed which made me reminisce, oh how I love bunk beds, the games we used to play on ours, sigh...
On another note, I showed little kitten a DVD of her birth and her sisters yesterday, (best thing I ever did, filming them both, even though the quality is pants and my mother is apparently the worst director in the world!) she was utterly horrified, and next time I show her it I'm going to try and take a picture of her expression. Mind, first time I showed big kitten the video of her birth her response was 'Oh! That's mingin'! So I don't think I've bred any little midwives, but I have bred some gorgeous little critters who have started to make their own beds and tell me they love me approximately 1000 times a day... :)
No comments:
Post a Comment