Tuesday, 8 February 2011

I hate Gladstone street.

Been to town this morning to buy an endless round of birthday presents, it's a busy month indeed for me is Feb. Walking home I decided my least favourite street in this town is Gladstone Street. Smeared with dog poo from one end to the next, this is a time bomb waiting to happen. Tip-toeing around the mashed, smeared and smelly dogs mess in my delicate (read 'flimsy') leopard print flats, desperately trying to avoid  the excretions of the dog population of Darlo, I can't work out how it gets so bad. It's almost as if the night club at the end of the road has spewed out drunks the previous evening, who, bleary eyed and incomprehending of the dangers ahead, have stomped their way through this vile mess and expanded what already existed into an interminable maze of poo... But the night club closed a long time ago, so who, WHO, I want to know, is stupid, blind and iresponsible enough to not only walk in this crap but then smear it around so badly that nobody else may pass safely?! Well, you CAN pass safely, I did indeed manage the almost impossible and got home unscathed. None the less, it INFURIATES me!
The other reason I have come to hate this particular road is much more personal. It has come to represent the last stretch home, and bone weary, watery eyed, wind blown and yawning my head off, I get to this point and know that I SIMPLY CANNOT GO ANY FURTHER. I would quite happily lie down in the dog poo, surrounded by curry restaurants and corner shops with signs I can't read, and have me a wee snooze. This exhaustion, so unlike me, which has blighted me, growing continuously worse for about a year now, is apparently down to M E. My newly diagnosed illness which I do not yet fully understand, and am too frightened to look into much yet...  Anyway, I trudge on grumpily, slowly, slower than I have ever walked in my life, even considering all those walks dragging along fraught and unwilling toddlers, to finally get home and find DOG POO outside MY BLOODY FRONT DOOR. Needless to say, first thing I did was go out the back and light up...

No comments:

Post a Comment