Having ignored this blog for a while (ok, about a year and a half, slightly more than 'a while', I admit) I have today been inspired to regenerate my once beloved online diary. Having read back a few of my older posts, I clearly need to update a bit, in case one person out in the universe is remotely interested in my less than spectacular life.
Right, healthwise I'm not so good, (again). M.E. is kicking my arse daily, but I'm merrily battling on and trying my best to 'rest' and look after myself. But can I just say, I'm a single Mam, I do kinda HAVE to clean and stuff, at least sometimes! Otherwise I'd be living in a filthy mire and my children would be eating hot dogs every day, 'Shameless' style. Today, I write this from my sofa, wrapped in my pink snuggle blanket, eating a cup of pasta/soupy stuff (which was all I could make in this state), wearing delightful stripey socks that make me look somewhat like The Wicked Witch of the West. I have tidied and hoovered my living room, and started on the kitchen but came over a bit funny and didn't want to collapse (again) so returned to my little cocoon. My, I am hot, to, trot.
Notably in my older posts my kittens were younger, 4 and 10, to be precise. They are now 11 (eep!) and almost 6. Little kitten is having a Star Wars party next month for her birthday, I have never been so proud. Eldest kitten is growing to be a lovely wee minx, but since starting Secondary school she is WORRYINGLY grown up and hideously embarrassed by me quite often. Ah well, such is the way of the world. Also different to my last blog, I am now single. The boy in question really couldn't handle my being ill, (which I understood), and when the stress of it broke us up I figured it was sad but ultimately forgivable and hoped to stay friends. Unfortunately I then found out he'd cheated on me with a homeless girl and had told some dreadful lies about me, which I was less understanding and forgiving about.
Another big change is that I did eventually have to leave my Art and Design course, which pretty much broke my heart, but I was so ill it became impossible. Anyhoo, my health did perk up a lot earlier this year, I began looking for part time work, then I broke my coccyx roller skating... Aaaand a few months of broken bum/stressful events/general busyness seem to have set me back a bit. I shall not be overcome though, I'm gona rest up, take my meds and vitamins, and damn well get better again! But I might as well use this time to catch up on my blog eh?
Some points of note: My daughter is no longer grounded after a week of it. She still bloody well better clean her room before buggering off with her friends later or it'll be the cage in the kitchen for her...
(I jest, obviously.)
My youngest has tried and failed to sound out the 'igh' in words, 'bright', 'light' etc. To my great horror and amusement she spells out 'night' thus: 'Nuh. i. Guh. Huh. Tuh. Erm, Niguh?!' No darling, not that word, it says 'night'...
My cat hates me. She comes for a cuddle (or this is strongly implied) then bites me and saunters off. Mean.
Gladstone street is still smeared with dog shit from end to end. Kinda makes me glad I'm partially housebound.
My pretty but flimsy leopard print shoes died a death, were replaced, and are about to die again, horribly.
I would like a pet Lizard. My brothers' just died. This makes me sad.
My life is so dreadfully unglamorous at the minute that I'm actually looking forward to the social highlight, visiting my Mother in James Cook after her op this week.
Did you know Greggs sausage rolls are made of reconstituted powdered meat? Really.
This blog has been a bit dull, but let's call it our catch up. Next time I shall tell you all about the joys of parents evening... and let's hope that at the next one my daughter does not try, again, to fix me up with her friends Dad...
Reconstituted whaaaaat? Eugh. Please don't tell me if you find out anything hideous about the cheese pasties.
ReplyDeleteI know! Gruesome... I'll keep quiet about some of the other stuff I know,you'd never eat again.
ReplyDelete