So, I was gona ramble about school parents evenings, but that can wait. First I want to talk about the fact that children nowadays, some of them, are horrible, vile little critters. This morning I have been on the phone to Eldest Kittens school, as 2 or 3 boys from school followed her and her friend last night threatening to rape her. These boys are 11, maybe 12 years old. They threatened to rape a young girl and said she 'owed them a blow job at least'. (They then described this in detail, but thankfully - small mercies - they actually didn't know what this was, contrary to their beliefs. They, hilariously, told her that if she wouldn't give them a blowjob then they would do it to her. Wow.)
These little terrors also said they had condoms in their pockets ready (and as Kitten pointed out to me, at least if they really were going to do something, they were going to do so safely.) They threatened to pull her into the nearby bushes or into a field. Worst of all, they knew where she and her accompanying friend live as another friend had (unmaliciously) told these boys where her friends houses were, and so they told the 2 girls their home addresses and threatened to find them at home and rape them there. Understandably, my poor daughter and her friend were horrified, scared and upset.
Thankfully, Kitten smacked 'em round the heed with her P.E bag and told 'em to 'Fuck Off'! (She tearfully admitted this while making salad with me last night. I told her that while swearing was nothing to be proud of I didn't blame her at all, and would have done the same in this position. In fact i would probably have used an even larger repertoire of four letter words.)
Her school are taking this seriously and are taking measures. Kittens Dad is understandably furious. I am mostly gobsmacked and worried about Kitten.
God, seriously, what the fuck is happening to the world when 11 year old kids are threatening or being threatened with rape?! When I were a kid of that age I was galloping around on my imaginary pony, boys might chuck 'itchy backs' down your top if you annoyed them, and at school discos the thought of slow dancing with a boy was enough to cause apoplexy. (I'm pretty sure boys felt this same fear. I can be no judge of this because I'm not a boy, and the first boy I slow danced with was the first in a succession of gay boyfriends so he was probably terrified for very different reasons.)
Seriously though, it is bad enough when a man threatens a woman (joking or otherwise, though I really think the threat of rape can never actually be a light hearted mockery.) But when children are threatening children with the most violant and controlling thing you can do to a woman, and using explicit sexual language (even if the terminology is slightly incorrect) then the world is a very sad place. Children in my youngest Kittens primary school aged about 10/11, joke about teabagging. I am pretty sure they are unaware of it's meaning but it's still a little disturbing. And you know, these are the NICE schools. Not like the rough, shoddy council estate schools I went to where fights broke out on the football pitch between the 5th years and the local estate hooligans with planks of wood decorated with 9 inch nails. (Not the band. And most of these were my childhood pals.) These are nice schools in nice areas, particularly the secondary school where this abominable incident took place.
So you gota wonder. if this is happening at a decent school, to 11 year olds, what more will the next generation have to face? It's a Jeremy Kyle Nation.
No comments:
Post a Comment