Friday, 19 October 2012

A bottle and a half of wine... and some whiskey.

Tonight was a much needed girly night. We drank wine, talked about boys, discussed the pitfalls of facebook stalking...

So, firstly, may I just say, we have decide that 'One for All, and All for One'. Women stand together. We decided tonight, T. S. and I that we are possibly, sadly, destined to be together forever.
T. is 'too perfect' (Read: Laid back) as a girlfriend.
S. is probably looking at the wrong people. (Aren't we all, at some time?!)
I am perhaps both... When I get to that point! (Which is rare nowadays.)
So if you're a drama queen, high maintenance, mean, angry or horrible, you're knackered. Obviously.
If you're forgiving, understanding, relaxed and kind, you're dull.
And of course, any neurosis is bad.
Any combination of the above is particularly unpreferable. (Is that a real word?!)
Marvellous.

  So, amongst our male friends we have discovered that of the nicer ones (who clearly we aren't attracted to or we'd have gone for it by now)  some are f*ckwits, dimwits, alcoholics, losers and muppets. Also, some of them apparently look too tanned and want to be members of JLS. Some sound to us like monkeys banging cymbals. Some are a four letter word beginning with C which I shall refrain from! So if we don't look further afield, we're buggered.
 
(But let's be fair, I'm not just going to be a bitch, mocking the boys. Us girls aren't perfect either. I myself have freaked out and frightened off a perfectly lovely guy as I was convinced he must be 'too good to be true'. An hour of insecurity was all it took. I facebook stalked him, did the 2+2=5, and decided to be overly cautious, eliminating any chance of us 'going for it'.)
 
Why is it so bloody complicated eh?! Why can't boy meet girl, girl likes boy, boy likes girl, they kiss, fight a bit, (but not too much), get on, settle down, snog and snuggle forever?! The reality is, we are all far too focused on our insecurities, life, worries, mis-haps, problems, headf*cks and past misdemeanors, and at some point this will creep in... hopefully at a point when it can be discussed, neutralised and forgotten.
 In actuality, what will probably happen is that in the first 2 weeks, years, whatever, we go 'Argh! This is mental this is! I'm not sure I can wrap my tiny little brain around liking this person/this person liking me so much! F****ck!'
Aaaand then it all implodes. Sometimes 'cos one person can't be arsed to make the effort, sometimes 'cos both can't, sometimes 'cos one person is crazy, maybe one of 'em is doin' too much internet stalking...
There are many reasons.
  So, it would seem that we are happier in our own little worlds, miles apart, listening to 'Take That And Party' (or Abba, or Kings Of Leon, or The Beatles, you get the point) talking about the opposite sex, waiting on emails/texts/calls from our respective interest.
  Why on EARTH don't we just communicate?! Say 'Oy! You! I like you! Wana get together?!' Or 'Oy! You! Wana stay together?!' or 'Oy! You?! Do you even like me?!' instead of worrying, thinking, talking, over analysing...? Which is exactamundo what I have just done.

Learn from me kids. Stop talking. Start listening. Bon nuit.

No comments:

Post a Comment