Haven't updated this in a while, possibly because I didn't want to depress anybody with my moaning and wailing about being ill. Briefly, in the last few weeks I have: Been ill a lot, been out some, and felt great very little. But there have been some highlights. Notably, seeing friends occasionally and starting to feel slightly better. (However, just when I felt I was walking relatively normally again, if much slower than normal, a visit to see my friend Frankie proved me wrong. Her first comment after the usual 'Hello how are you's was that I was walking funny. Insert sad/disappointed face. Cheers Francesca! Hehe.) Anyway, yes, there have been some good moments recently.
Went out for a weekend in Newcastle with my lovely dude, and met up with some friends on the Saturday. One friend, who is pregnant, blooming, and still perma-attached to her false lashes, had me smiling and laughing as usual, eating an 'interesting' and LUSH sandwich in a little Salsa cafe, and wishing I was knocked up again... This girl knows how to ROCK pregnancy. (I never did.) The afternoon flowed on nicely to a fantastic little pub for a friends birthday drinks. All was well and good, drinking mead and talking about some unmentionable subjects, laughing, jolity, frivolity, etc. Unfortunatley by about 8 or 9 pm, as I don't seem to be able to drink anymore, I was pissed, rambling, and also in agony, so my boyfriend took me home to bed, (no shenanigans unfortunately, I was in too much pain and couldn't stop crying, arse that I am, 'cos I felt I'd ruined his night out having to leave early. These are the times I really hate being ill.)
Have managed to catch up with 2 friends this week, which is a lot for me recently. The lovely afore-mentioned Francesca, and an old friend from Durham who came to tea last night, concluding the evening with a decision to see each other more often. Definitely must make more effort. This bubbling ball of ginger laughter and interesting anecdotes never ever fails to make me smile. I love my friends. :)
As I'm starting to feel a little better - think this whole 'resting' thing might be worth paying attention to - I plan to try and return to college soon, if they let me. Please God let them let me back, part time, to catch up! Please!!!!
I can now actually walk to town and back without collapsing in a heap and sleeping all day. Admittedly it takes me an hour and a half, rather than half an hour, but hey, I'm getting there!
To finish on a high note, I'm getting a new bed on monday (as mine has been leaning at a terrifiying 45 degree angle for months) and I bought a new cheese grater that has a storage tub attached. This makes the grating itself much easier, and I also now have a tub of ready grated cheese semi-permanently at hand. (I say semi-permanently as I'm sadly unable to stop eating it by the spoonful.) I think I'm in love...
No comments:
Post a Comment