My health has been a little bit hit and miss lately, my energy levels have taken a nose dive, sleep patters disturbed and lots of niggling pains, lack of concentration etc. However, today I am happy for these reasons:
I am listening to my favourite Deftones album; I have a big cup of Earl Grey; I have new leopard print slippers; I am about to go volunteer in Kittens school shortly for the first time in weeks as my Labyrinthitis has subsided; and finally, a copy/paste of my Facebook status update -
Ok, so I'm not massively political (like I used to think I was in my youth), but I do have vague ideas and opinions which usually I refrain from airing on here as it invites debate and occasionally incites a verbal dispute and/or controversy which frankly I can't be arsed with. However, I do just wana say that I'm pleased Obama was re-elected. I understand it is widely believed that the Presidents, Prime Ministers and such, in this political climate, are little more than puppets, and that often it's a choice of 'The lesser of two evils'. Even if this is true, less evil is better than more evil, surely, if they are the primary options. Even if these people are simply a titular head, it is preferable to have a figure head - who will be influential to and inspiring for millions of people - who at least seems sane and has some basic sound morals. (Not saying I agree with all of his principles mind.) And let's not forget the rednecks and racists and the bible belt who largely voted against a man based on the fact that he's black, rather than any belief or sensibly firmed political opinion. Just sayin'. :)
So, short as this entry may be, now you know. I'm having a good day. Over and out.
No comments:
Post a Comment